The Northumberland Hills Hospital is currently seeking a Permanent Emergency Room Physician to enhance 24/7 department operating sustainability.
The NHH Emergency Department is committed to providing high quality compassionate care through its “Patients First” philosophy. The ED, the entry
point for the majority of the clinical programs offered at the hospital and within the community, triage and treat approximately 36,000 patients per year.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Licensed with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (or eligibility for licensure in the Province of Ontario)
• CCFP(EM), FRCP(EM), ABEM Certification or CCFP with extensive emergency medicine experience. Must hold current ACLS, ATLS and
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work effectively with all department/team disciplines
• Evidence of continued medical education commitment in related field
• Demonstrated ability to integrate current evidence and best practice into the delivery of quality care.
• Full-spectrum of high acuity clinical medicine, trauma and cardiac care skill set required
• Must possess strong critical thinking abilities
• NHH is affiliated with Queen’s University and is an educational site for the CCFP (EM) residents and the Queen’s CCFP Department of Family
Medicine Residency Program. The preferred candidates would be expected to participate in teaching postgraduate medical trainees.
WORK EXPERIENCE: Preferred candidates will have an extensive emergency medicine background (as detailed above); teaching experience at
the post-graduate trainee level also preferred.
WAGE: Competitive salary.
BENEFITS PACKAGE BEING OFFERED: Our organization does offer a competitive incentive package to assist with moving/relocation including
a non-repayable and interest free loan for an agreed upon term of return of service contract.
ATTENTION: Dr. Mukesh Bhargava, Chief of Staff
c/o Maureen Canfield, Executive Assistant
Patient and Medical Services
Northumberland Hills Hospital
1000 DePalma Drive, Cobourg ON
Tel 905 372-6811 Ext. 4002 • Email email@example.com • Fax 905 372-4243
Posting Period: Until Filled