Health PEI has full-time and locum opportunities for physicians to provide the full scope of Emergency Medicine services at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Charlottetown and Western Hospital in Alberton, Prince Edward Island. Health PEI is a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI's head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
Located in the capital city of Charlottetown, the Queen Elizabeth Hospital is a 243-bed the provincial referral centre for specialized hospital services. The beautiful City of Charlottetown is located on the south shore of Prince Edward Island, and is known as Canada’s “Birthplace of Confederation.”
Located in the town of Alberton, Western Hospital is a 27-bed (25 medical beds and 2 palliative beds) community hospital that provides emergency, inpatient, ambulatory and palliative care services. Alberton is part of the North Cape Coastal Drive, a beautiful and natural coastal drive to view the Island’s white and red sand beaches; towering red sandstone capes; and essential coastal stops to breathe in the breathtaking views.
· $175.00 per hour
· 31% of fee-for-service shadow-billing based on the Master Agreement between the Medical Society of PEI, the Government of Prince Edward Island and Health PEI. For details, please refer to the Master Agreement.
· Additional separate billing fees from third-party payers (for example Worker's Compensation and Quebec/International patients).
Hours of Work:
· 12 hour shifts from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm with overnight call coverage for in-patients.
· Return-in-Service grant and Moving Expense Allowance are available.
· Opportunity to teach with the Family Medicine Residency Training Program with faculty appointment from Dalhousie Medical School.
· Electronic hospital patient record system (CERNER).
· Computerized provider order entry system (CPOE).
Certifications and Other Requirements:
· Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI(link is external);
· Eligibility for appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging; .and
· ACLS and PALS required
For Western Hospital:
· MCCEE, MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II as well as 1- 2 years of clinical experience working in Canada. Emergency Medicine experience is considered an asset.
For Queen Elizabeth Hospital:
· Candidates must have FRCP(EM), CCFP (EM), or comparable emergency department experience.
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; email@example.com