EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT PHYSICIANS –CORNER BROOK NL
LOCUM AND PERMANENT OPPORTUNITIES
Western Health is seeking the services of three (3) full-time Emergency Room Physicians for Western Memorial Regional Hospital (WMRH) in Corner Brook, Newfoundland and Labrador. Locum opportunities are also available.
WMRH is a 217 bed regional referral centre for the western region and provides services to a population base of approximately 78,000 people. The Emergency Department has approximately 40,000 patient visits per year, double coverage, specialty back-up, CT/MRI/Interventional Radiology, and Fast Track clinic. We are affiliated with Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador Medical School and we encourage and support academic interests.
· These positions require registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador (CPSNL), CCFP-EM or CCFP certified with Emergency Medicine experience.
· Meet the credentialing requirements of Western Health's Discipline of Emergency Medicine.
· Certification in Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
· In accordance with Medical Care Plan (MCP) guidelines for Category ‘A’ Emergency Departments.
· An annual Retention Bonus is offered in accordance with the current MOA.
· These positions have been pre-approved for a signing bonus in exchange for a three year return-in-service agreement. Interested applicants will be required to submit an application to determine their eligibility.
This position offers a rewarding career with a high quality of life for you and your family. Corner Brook is a vibrant and active community serving as the hub of the Western Region. Enjoy living in a fabulous setting with exceptional outdoor pursuits for all seasons, safe communities with modern amenities, access to vibrant arts and cultural community, and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Gros Morne National Park is at our doorstep.
Peter Antle, Regional Physician Recruitment Manager
Western Health – Medical Services Department